Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Peek at My Week Linky!

This is my first time participating in A Peek at My Week!  I've had fun reading others' posts for this linky, but never had the time this past school year to join in myself.  So here goes...

http://mrslaffinslaughings.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-peek-at-my-week-7-20-14.html?showComment=1405902612033#c8412561551720238878

So, I've been THINKING a lot about the next school year, but not actually DOING anything to get ready.  Well, last night I started a list of things I want to do before school starts, and WOWZA...I've got some work to do!  Here's a little peek at my list:


The only one I have done is 'set up Class Dojo', which I did this afternoon.  I'm so excited, because my teaching partner and I set up the behaviors to match the 'Citizenship' items on our report cards, so now we'll have DATA to go back to when we put those grades together!

So this week I'll be working on my Back to School list, trying to shorten it up before we get to crunch time!  I should have lots of time because my son and husband are going...get this...Shark Fishing this week.  I keep telling our friend Jordan (the guy that they're going with) that I want my men back with all of their limbs intact!  This is how I picture Jordan Shark Fishing...


So you can see why I'm concerned!

The thing that REALLY made me realize that it's time to kick it into back-to-school mode is that on Thursday I'm going to Raleigh for Laura Candler's literacy conference.  I registered for it back in April or May, and it felt like the end of July was SO far away!  And now here it is.  This week.  Sigh.  Don't get me wrong...I'm excited to go to the conference, but I can't believe there's so little summer left!

Anyway, there's a peek at my week.  I hope you have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the same thing...lots of thinking about next year but not doing anything! I would be so scared of shark fishing!! That's a little crazy!!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete